Life Update and Nana Nicecream!!!

Apr 8, 2015

Hey guys,
I understand I've been gone for about three months now and PLEASE don't be mad at me!!! In this little post I'll explain why I've been gone, give you guys an update on my life and share a little recipe for a Nana Nicecream (:

...

So as you guys may or may not know, I've been having heaps of what I like to call Blogger's Block; I seriously have no idea what to even write on here anymore, and I feel like everything's been quite overdone. As you probably noticed, my posts had random gaps where I didn't post for about two weeks and then randomly came back and it was because I had no inspiration and no content idea. I must say, I was feeling kind of un-inspired around the end of last year to around last month this year, and I had no idea why. I literally had no motivation to study or anything and I'd just be sitting around at my desk doing nothing and this continued for aages. I then pulled my shit together (pardon my french) and realised that wouldn't I rather spend that 2 hours doing nothing at my desk doing something productive and worthwhile?? Isn't it so much better to use my time wisely, and focus on what I'm meant to be doing??
I feel like the fact that I'm in Year 11, and the fact that my high school chapter is soon to be over, and the most stressful year of my high school career is about to start this year had not sunk in. So I pulled all my worries together and pushed them away in hope of a brighter, happier year.
That was Part 1 explaining why I haven't been on my blog much and now here's a quick life update!!

Life Update #1: Moving Groups!!
I recently moved friendship groups and I could go on and on about this, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Quite frankly, the friendship group I was in from Mid-Year 7 till Year 10 did not make me happy at all, and I only started realising this towards Year 9. I was not close to anyone in my group, from Year 9-Year 10 and no one from my group was ever really supportive of what I did and that made me really pissed off because that's what friends are for right?? To support you no matter what you go through or what you do. One of the things that pissed me off the most was the fact that they'd always 'stalk' my social media which I clearly did not like them looking at. For instance, Tumblr. Tumblr was a really 'sacred' spot for me where I felt I could express my feelings in terms of images and quotes, and I'd occasionally post my own things on there. These girls would go through my tumblr and save the pictures that I had posted up and write stupid things on a page that I had made for my followers. I endured this all by myself, until I had found two other girls in my group who absolutely hated the group as well and together we would always talk, and eventually we got closer and closer. I also made a friend outside the group, who was in most of my classes, and we got along really really well. So towards the end of last year, I put forward the idea of moving into their group and so it was fixed. At the beginning of Year 11 I was going to move into their group. The fact that one of my closest friends was moving schools didn't help either as she was the only girl who I felt I could really 'connect' to within my group. SO that was that and I moved into the new group at the start of this year and have never felt happier. They're so much livelier and bubblier and seem to have a real tight friendship going on and i hope it lasts x.

WELL that was meant to be 'short and sweet' but it turned out to be absolute word-vomit haha.

Life Update #2: looking into the idea of Veganism
So I went to New Zealand a week ago and throughout the whole journey, I saw heaps of animals roaming about healthy green land. There was one scene in this trip where we were driving up this road and there was a lost cow on the road, so we had to slow down and wait until the cow moved so that we could pass. The cow was absolutely huge and it looked really lost (I have to admit I was quite scared for a moment!!). That night, we went to a cafe and bar, where I ordered the Ribeye Steak as there was not much else that I wanted to order. It was really yummy, but halfway through eating it, I remembered the lost cow on the road, and it seemed absolutely horrible, seeing the animal that I EAT as a live, living, breathing, animal. That kind of hit me and I felt really bad and couldn't really finish off the steak. I've been researching on veganism, and watching vegan Youtubers such as earthlingmaxi and Essena O'Neil and it really kind of opened up my eyes to the vegan world. I also watched this documentary called Earthlings which I highly recommend you watch if you want to know about your food sources. Of course, it would be extremely hard for me to switch to Veganism straight away due to my meat-filled diet, so at the moment I have cut out red meat from my diet, but I am still eating chicken and fish. I'm not too sure whether I will be able to go full-vegan though, although it is something that is on my mind.

Life/Blog Update #3: Changing my blog theme/style????
Like I mentioned in one of the paragraphs above (unsure which one though), I feel as if this whole 'beauty' thing is overdone; don't get me wrong, I still absolutely love makeup and trying out new products and everything, but there's just so many blogs out there which put forward the same ideas and do really similar things. I also feel like I have matured over the past few months and a beauty blog is just not what I want anymore. I would really like to transition this into a more lifestyle-oriented blog, which will take you through the adventures and journey of my life and I hope that appeals to you guys! Of course, there may be that odd beauty post (:

NOW THAT I HAVE FINISHED RAMBLING...

NANA NICE CREAM RECIPE (Vegan-Friendly)


What you will need:
2 small bananas (for 1 Small Serving)
Any Toppings you would like, I used Fruit Muesli and Sliced Almonds

Method:
1. Peel the skin of the banana off and chop it up, put it into a ziplock bag and put it into the Deep Freeze.
2. After the bananas are frozen, put them in a blender and blend away! (I actually don't have a blender, so I use a stick blender, which works just as well, but takes more time)
3. Pour into a bowl and put your toppings on top! (You could use chia seeds, granola, nuts, berries, etc)

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and here's to a happy future :)


1 comment :

  1. This is so lovely Pearl! Honestly, you are such a friendly and bubbly person. Love your blog !! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment, I really appreciate it x