Interview: Shanni Side Up

Jul 18, 2014

Hi guys! Today I've got an exciting interview with Shanni from the fashion blog Shanni side up. She's a fashion blogger from Sydney, Australia, and she's close friends with a girl who goes to my school! Her blog is really amazing, and definitely displays her style in the way that it should be displayed: with glory. So scroll down a bit, and you'll find the jump-link!


[original image source]
[original image source]

[original image source]

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself!
A: Hey, so I'm Shanni and find comfort in taking photos, drinking smoothies and being inspired. I am quite a sentimental and emotion-driven person and I also think music and being surrounded by people that I love are two of my favourite things. Oh, and I adore cats and Italian greyhounds :-)
Q: How long ago did you make your blog? What inspired you to create your blog?
A:I made my blog in late September 2012, and I'm not sure about my exact thought process but I remember I had this personal tumblr where I used to post quirks about my life to some of my closest friends; then I decided I wanted a more public portfolio-but-not-really type thing; this thought coincided with a bunch of "model shots" (what I used to call outfit posts ha lame), the world of LOOKBOOK.nu and voila, Shanni Side Up was born :-)
Q: How did you first get interested in fashion? Why do you think that fashion is important?
A:I first got into fashion probably when I was in Year 6, I think that's when I started choosing what clothes I wanted to buy and so forth (though my fashion taste was HORRENDOUS BACK THEN.) 
I think that fashion is important because it’s a way for self-expression in one of the most common ways. It has the power to make us/be confident about our body and anything that can encourage self-appreciation is definitely important. Fashion is an art form in itself and I find that the creativity behind it is always innovative and completely relevant in inspiring and influencing our growing world. 
Q: Where are your favourite places to shop in Sydney?
A:
I actually don't like shopping around that much, but when I do I like browsing in Valleygirl and Topshop! 
Q: Who’s your celebrity fashion icon?
A:
There's no one I particularly idolise when it comes to fashion in celebrities, but general styles I admire are Taylor Swift, Lily Collins and Kendall Jenner. They're fab.
 
Q: How would you describe your style?
A: Wow, this is hard, foremost probably mood-changing: it changes with my thoughts, feelings and mood. But in a nutshell it would be: vintage, edgy and/or feminine.
Q: What are 5 must-have staple pieces for anyone’s wardrobe?
A:
A pair of black booties, a plain white tee, anything light denim, a black coat/cardigan and a versatile dress.
 
Q: What are some of your tips on finding your own individual style?
A: I think the main thing is just to wear what you love. Your style can fluctuate from both sides of the spectrum and to identify a specific style is hard; your style will always change. So the main idea is to just keep wearing what you feel comfortable in and what you love wearing :)
 
Q: tumblr or Instagram? Why?
A: Ah! I love them both! It's hard for me to choose. I use them both for different things, Tumblr for my inspiration/relatable posts and Instagram to catch up with people's lives so yeah! But if I had to choose.. probably Tumblr because it gives me late night feels.
Q: If you could date anyone famous, who would it be?
A:
Jamie Campbell Bower; he's a babe.
 


I hope you guys enjoyed this interview, and definitely go check out Shanni's blog!
Blog: http://www.shannisideup.blogspot.com
Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12560043
Instagram: http://instagram.com/shannni_
Lookbook: http://lookbook.nu/shannisideup


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I really appreciate it x