NEW YORK FASHION WEEK 2016

Feb 20, 2016

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

The best thing of the New Year is definitely New York Fashion Week!! It's absolutely amazing seeing all the new designs for the season, and its probably one of my favourite fashion events of the year. I've compiled a few of my favourite designs from a few designers, and I hope you enjoy!

ALEXANDER WANG

I really liked the grunge-esque looks in Alexander Wang FW16. I loved how the looks weren't 'typical', and they had some kind of unique element to each design. I must say though, my favourite out of these five looks is definitely the third one; I love the contrast of the bulky coat and the leather-look dress! I think it worked really well with the accessories too. Alexander Wang, you have not failed to impress!

DEREK LAM

The best thing about the looks from Derek Lam this season are definitely the coats! I love how the coats aren't dramatically different, making them a good 'ready-to-wear' option, but are still really interesting. My favourite out of these five looks is definitely the fourth one! I really like the look of mesh; I think it looks super athletic, yet it can still be dressed up.

NAEEM KHAN

Oh my my! I'm not usually one for colour, but this is definitely one of my favourite collections from NYFW. I love the Indian-inspired clothing designs, and how colourful and majestic they look. I've always had a thing for long floor-length gowns and this definitely tickles my fancy. The colour palette of this collection is also super amazing. I can't wait to see future looks from Naeem Khan !

OSCAR DE LA RENTA

The colours for this collection were literally heaven! I love how the collection was mainly comprised of frosty, winter-esque colours, with a few splashes of burgundy and other darker colours here and there. The pieces are all really elegant and timeless, and I feel like this is a collection to last a lifetime.

PRABAL GURUNG

Once again, I LOVE THE PALETTE OF THIS COLLECTION. This collection actually fulfils my Prabal Gurung dreams- all the pieces are actually really wearable and definitely things that will not go out of fashion that easily. Props to you Prabal!

TOMMY HILFIGER

One question everyone is asking: Has Tommy Hilfiger taken inspiration from Dolce & Gabbana?
Either way, I am absolutely obsessed with this season's collection! I have been loving the whole 'Navy Blue/Nautical' vibe recently, and this season definitely reflects that. (Also who can hate a show where Gigi Hadid and Sara Sampaio are walking?)

VERA WANG

YES VERA WANG! The whole dark look of this collection definitely appeals to me. Majority of the pieces were my favourite colour: black. Who can deny the beauty of black? Very simple and structured, this is definitely a look I'd go for.

I hope you've enjoyed my little compilation of my favourite pieces and collections from NYFW! Can't wait for the Spring/Summer collections! Please remember to bookmark my blog, or give me a cheeky little follow over on bloglovin' and twitter for updates :)

Love you x
Pearl

2 comments :

  1. As always Tommy Hilfiger looks fantastic! Great post :) xox
    borntoblend.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't get enough of Tommy Hilfiger! Thanks!! x

      Delete

Thankyou for your comment, I really appreciate it x